Chicken Roulades with Sage
Preparation: 15 mins | Cooking: 40 mins | Serves 4
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 31/2 ounces pancetta, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- radicchio salad, to serve
- Lightly pound the chicken with a meat mallet.
- Place two of the sage leaves on each portion and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll up, wrap in the pancetta slices and secure with toothpicks.
- Heat the oil in a skillet, add the roulades and cook, turning frequently, until browned all over.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes, adding 1 tablespoon hot water if necessary.
- Serve with a radicchio salad.
Source: 'The Silver Spoon' available in-store at the Triggerfish Cookshop.
About the book: The Silver Spoon was first conceived and published by Domus, Italy’s famed design and architectural magazine in 1950. It has sold 1 million copies in eight editions. With over 2000 recipes, it is regarded as the most successful Italian cookbook of all time and a very popular wedding gift in Italy.