Pizza Bianca (White Pizza)
Preparation Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 10 minutes | Serves: 4
- Pizza dough
- 150g mozarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 150 g Taleggio cheese thinly sliced
- a few fresh oregano leaves (chopped) or a generous pinch of dried oregano
- olive oil, for drizzling
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 F / 220 C / Gas mark 7 and line a baking tray with parchment (baking) paper.
- Roll out the dough thinly on a floured surface, to fit the baking sheet.
- Top with slices of mozarella and Taleggio.
- Sprinkle the oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the over and serve.
Source: 'Italian Cooking School: Pizza' from the Silver Spoon series
About the book: The Silver Spoon Italian Cooking School series is designed for modern cooks to prepare healthy, delicious, and authentic recipes in their own home. The Silver Spoon Italian Cooking School: Pizza teaches you everything you need to know about making not just fresh pizzas but foccacia, calzones, and savory pies at home
Note: The original recipe has a separate more detailed bread recipe (to make the pizza base), that we've replaced with store bought pizza dough.