Fava Bean and Feta Salad
Preparation time: 15 minutes | Serves 4
- 2 potatoes
- 1 cup (175 g) cooked fava (broad) beans
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, skinned, seeded, and diced
- 50 g pitted black olives, halved
- 175 g queso fresco or mild feta
- 1¼ cups (175 g) corn kernels, boiled
- 1 rocoto or habanero chilli, seeded, membrane removed, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1½ teaspoons oregano, chopped
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ cup (120 ml) olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over medium-high heat, add the potatoes, and simmer for 12–15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Drain, let cool, and then dice.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, fava (broad) beans, onion, tomatoes, olives, queso fresco, corn, and chilli, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oregano, vinegar, olive oil, and salt, and whisk thoroughly.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss lightly.
- Stir in the parsley and serve.
Source: 'Peru - The Cookbook' by Gastón Acurio, available at The Triggerfish Cookshop
About the book: Peruvian food offers an abundance of healthy and unique ingredients. Gastón Acurio is Peru's most famous and popular chef , introducing the world to over 500 recipes from Peru's home kitchens through this definitive guide to Peruvian cooking..