Preparation time: 10 mins | Cook time: 5 mins | Serves: 2
- 1/2 cup (2 oz/60 g) raspberries
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup (50 g) oats
- ½ cup (50 g) wheat flakes
- 1½ cups (350 ml) almond milk
- 3 or 4 clementine segments, peeled
- 1 tablespoon blueberries
- 1 tablespoon mango, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon pistachios
- ½ teaspoon icing sugar
- Put the raspberries in a mini blender or food processor and pulse until you get a smooth coulis. Set aside.
- Put the whipping cream in a small bowl and whisk with an electric mixer or whisk until it forms soft peaks.
- Add the vanilla bean paste and whisk until combined.
- Put the oats and wheat flakes in a medium pan, add the almond milk and 1½ cups (12 fl oz/350 ml) of water and place over high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Once the liquid has begun to reduce, stir quickly to prevent the porridge from sticking.
- Cook until the porridge reaches the desired consistency, then divide between 2 bowls.
- Top the porridge with the clementine segments, blueberries, mango, pistachios, and vanilla cream.
- Drizzle over the raspberry coulis and sprinkle with icing sugar to serve.
Source: 'The Grain Bowl' by Nik Williamson
About the book: 'The Grain Bowl' is a collection of 90 hearty recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, made with a variety of grains, seeds, rice, and superfoods. Its author - Nik Williamson - is the founder and director of Bow Street Kitchen and the Porridge Cafe in London.