Champorado (Chocolate Rice Pudding)
Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 30 minutes | Serves 6
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 225 ml coconut cream (can be replaced with desicated coconut)
- 200 g sticky rice
- 50 g cocoa powder (can be reduced to balance the coconut and chocolate flavours)
- 200 g caster sugar
- salt (1/4 tsp)
- Chopped pistachios (for garnishing)
- Pour the coconut milk over the rice in a medium size pot and bring to boil.
- Stir frequently to prevent the rice from getting stuck to the pot.
- After approximately 10 minutes, stir in the cocoa powder, salt and sugar.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for another 10 minutes or until the rice has fully cooked. Stir occasionally to ensure the liquid does not fully dry out.
- Stir in the coconut cream (or desicated coconut).
- Let the pot rest for about 10 minutes once cooked.
- Garnish with pistachios and serve warm.
Source: The Triggerfish Cookshop