WUSTHOF CLASSIC IKON Chef's Knife 16cm
WUSTHOF'S Classic Ikon Range is that bit heavier in the hand than the Classic Range. Whilst the blade is the very same, the difference is in the handle. The elegant shape of the handle is smoother in its texture and is designed for a comfortable grip.Â The overallÂ style of the knife is more modern.
The Cook's Knife is the workhorse of the kitchen, or the essential kitchen knife. It is the indispensable all-purpose kitchen knife that can be used for chopping, mincing, slicing and dicing. Its shape lends itself to the 'rocking motion'. Due to the weight and balance of the knife, it is also perfect for heavy duty work such as cutting thicker vegetables and meats. The neater 16cm size makes it ideal for anyone who finds the larger Chef Knife a little intimidating in the hand.
Cleaning and Care Tips:
- We recommend hand washing your knife with warm water and a sponge after use, drying and storing away. Do not put in the dishwasher.
- Store your knives protected in a drawer, in a knife block or ideally on a magnetic knife rack on the wall.
- Use a wooden, synthetic or plastic board to chop on. Do not chop on steel, stone, marble or glass as this will dull your blade.
- After cutting through acidic foods like lemons, limes or tomatoes, wash your knife immediately and dry before storing. The acids will eat away at the steel and produce tiny spots which are very difficult to remove.
- Sharpen your knives using a diamond sharpener and honing steel or preferably, a whetstone.