WÃSTHOF CLASSIC IKON Utility Knife 12cm
WÃSTHOF'SÂ Classic Ikon Range is that bit heavier in the hand than the Classic Range. Whilst the blade is the very same, the difference is in the handle. The elegant shape of the handle is smoother in its texture and is designed for a comfortable grip.Â The overallÂ style of the knife is more modern.
This 12cm Utility KnifeÂ is smaller than a Cookâs Knife but larger than a Paring Knife, making it the perfect knife for a whole number of tasks. Its versatility make itÂ perfect for mincing shallots, onions and herbs as well as cutting vegetables or cutting small meats.Â For many cooks, itÂ is probably the second knife they will turn to after their Cook's Knife.
Cleaning and Care Tips:
- We recommend hand washing your knife with warm water and a sponge after use, drying and storing away. Do not put in the dishwasher.Â
- Store your knives protected in a drawer, in a knife block or ideally on a magnetic knife rack on the wall.Â
- Use a wooden, synthetic or plastic board to chop on. Do not chop on steel, stone, marble or glass as this will dull your blade.Â
- After cutting through acidic foods like lemons, limes or tomatoes, wash your knife immediately and dry before storing. The acids will eat away at the steel and produce tiny spots which are very difficult to remove.
- Sharpen your knives using a diamond sharpener and honing steel or preferably, a whetstone.Â