WUSTHOF CLASSIC Chef's Knife 20cm
Wusthof are the go-to brand for any professional chef and what we recommend for the home cook too. They are forged from a single piece of high carbon stainless steel, which runs all the way down through the handle. The Classic Range are sturdy in the hand, resilient and dead sharp. These knives will last you 25 to 30 years.
Our most popular knife, the 20cm Cook's Knife is the work horse of the kitchen, or the essential kitchen knife. The Cooks Knife is an indispensable all-purpose kitchen knife that can be used for chopping, mincing, slicing and dicing. Due to the weight and balance of the knife, it is also perfect for heavy duty work such as cutting thicker vegetables and meats.
Cleaning and Care Tips:
- We recommend hand washing your knife with warm water and a sponge after use, drying and storing away. Do not put in the dishwasher.
- Store your knives protected in a drawer, in a knife block or ideally on a magnetic knife rack on the wall.
- Use a wooden, synthetic or plastic board to chop on. Do not chop on steel, stone, marble or glass as this will dull your blade.
- After cutting through acidic foods like lemons, limes or tomatoes, wash your knife immediately and dry before storing. The acids will eat away at the steel and produce tiny spots which are very difficult to remove.
- Sharpen your knives using a diamond sharpener and honing steel or preferably, a whetstone.