WUSTHOF CLASSIC Scalloped Santoku
WUSTHOF are the go-to brand for any professional chef and what we recommend for the home cook too. They are forged from a single piece of high carbon stainless steel, which runs all the way down through the handle. The Classic Range are sturdy in the hand, resilient and dead sharp. These knives will last you 25 to 30 years.Â
This Japanese influenced Scalloped Santoku Knife is designed with a thinner blade than a Chefâs Knife. It has a 10 degree cutting edge and gradually curves up at the very end providing a straighter edge. The hollow or scalloped edge is crafted with evenly spaced vertical indentations, which create small air pockets between the blade and the food. These small air pockets gently push food off the blade and reduce friction and drag. This knife allows cooks to effortlessly prep a wide array of fresh produce, including starchy vegetables like potatoes, which tend to stick to a knifeâs blade.
Cleaning and Care Tips:
- We recommend hand washing your knife with warm water and a sponge after use, drying and storing away. Do not put in the dishwasher.Â
- Store your knives protected in a drawer, in a knife block or ideally on a magnetic knife rack on the wall.Â
- Use a wooden, synthetic or plastic board to chop on. Do not chop on steel, stone, marble or glass as this will dull your blade.Â
- After cutting through acidic foods like lemons, limes or tomatoes, wash your knife immediately and dry before storing. The acids will eat away at the steel and produce tiny spots which are very difficult to remove.
- Sharpen your knives using a diamond sharpener and honing steel or preferably, a whetstone.Â