Wusthof Classic Ikon Peeling Knife
WUSTHOF'S Classic Ikon Range is that bit heavier in the hand than the Classic Range. Whilst the blade is the very same, the difference is in the handle. The elegant shape of the handle is smoother in its texture and is designed for a comfortable grip. The overall style of the knife is more modern.
The Peeling Knife has a shorter blade than most paring knives and curves upward making it ideal for peeling, cleaning or shaping any fruit or vegetable with a rounded surface. It is also the perfect knife to make decorative garnishes such as fluted mushrooms.
Cleaning and Care Tips:
- We recommend hand washing your knife with warm water and a sponge after use, drying and storing away. Do not put in the dishwasher.
- Store your knives protected in a drawer, in a knife block or ideally on a magnetic knife rack on the wall.
- Use a wooden, synthetic or plastic board to chop on. Do not chop on steel, stone, marble or glass as this will dull your blade.
- After cutting through acidic foods like lemons, limes or tomatoes, wash your knife immediately and dry before storing. The acids will eat away at the steel and produce tiny spots which are very difficult to remove.
- Sharpen your knives using a diamond sharpener and honing steel or preferably, a whetstone.